At Saratoga Bariatric Surgery and Weight Loss Program, we offer available FDA approved effective weight loss medications to qualified patients. These medications can help with hunger, appetite suppression, cravings and fullness. You can also take these medications if you are working towards surgery, not a surgical candidate or might have regained some weight after bariatric surgery. While on weight loss medications you will also be working with our dietitians to help ensure the best weight loss success.
Current medications we offer are:
- Saxenda – This is a daily injection. This medication works like a hormone in your body so you feel full quicker, as well as reduces your hunger and cravings.
- Wegovy – This is a weekly injection. This medication works just like Saxenda, helping to decrease appetite, hunger and cravings and aiding you to feel full quicker.
- Contrave – A combination pill that contains Wellbutrin and Naltrexone. The combination of these two medications reduces hunger and decreases cravings.
- Qsymia – A combination pill consisting of Phentermine and Topiramate. This combination works by reducing your appetite and helping you to feel fuller.
- Phentermine – This medication decreases appetite and increases many patients’ energy level.
- Ozempic – This medication is a weekly injection used to treat pre-diabetics and diabetics. This medication works very similar to Saxenda and Wegovy.
- Naltrexone – This is a pill that is taken twice daily. It helps to reduce hunger and cravings.
- Topiramate – This is a pill taken once or twice daily. It helps to reduce your hunger and appetite.
- Plenity – This medication is taken prior to lunch and dinner. It helps you to feel full and eat less.
- Mounjaro –This medication is a weekly injection used to treat pre-diabetics and diabetics. This medication works like a hormone in your body so you feel full quicker, as well as reduces your hunger and cravings.
We will work with you to find the right medication or combination of medications to help with your weight loss. If your insurance does not cover weight loss medications, we will work with you to prescribe less costly options.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact our office.